Mailing List

Friday, July 10, 2015

The MartianThe Martian by Andy Weir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There was only one thing going through my mind during the first several dozen pages of the novel.

I'm reading Heinlein.

That being said, I really enjoyed it. I like all of Heinlein's works, but this is getting close to his tight juveniles, full of science and explanations and especially that can-do attitude.

Of course, this isn't Heinlein, but it is definitely a novel I'll give to my daughter to read once she gets to that certain age where adventure based on using your mind is so much more fascinating than using a sword. I have no problems recommending this novel to anyone. It reads well, it has good humor, and it comes across as a slightly more accessible Kim Stanley Robinson. You know. A Red Mars for young adults.

I can't wait to see what else Mr. Weir will publish.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment