Mailing List

Monday, May 30, 2016

King of Thieves (Star Rogue, #1)King of Thieves by Evan C. Currie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm really enjoying the universe and the setups now. There's something really nice about knowing the rules of the setting and getting to know new characters (or even enjoying old annoying ones like the Translator) and sympathizing with the new characters. :)

I know that there's a new book coming out that brings back the old favorites, but I'll be honest. I really like this crew. I really like their old-school encounters with baddie aliens, lolarachnids, and huge BDO's with pretty epic special effects. Yeah, I know this is a book, but the special effects are awesome, okay?

This is pretty classic and classy Space Opera, all around, and it does it so well that I want to pull out my damn copy of Lost In Space and watch the hell out of that again. I'll ignore the slow parts and just cut and paste all the cool bits from this novel, instead, and call myself extremely lucky. I had a great time reading it. :)

This is the pew pew and close quarters combat, spaceship-maneuvering, exploring, and absolute Oh Shit kind of novel I was in the mood for.

It's just plain fun... in a let's ramp up Star Trek and throw in Bab 5 and a great handful of others, and throw them in the fire. Poor humanity. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment