Mailing List

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This one is pretty much fantasy, even if it is still nominally UF, but I especially love all the extras when it comes to the ancient past and the reveals in store for us.

I mean, come on, when we have ancient Babylonia entering the picture, with Negral on the scene, as a woman, even, and not even married to Ereshkigal? Well, the plague-lord, the under-image of Utu the sun god, and the son/daughter of Enlil and Ninlil, is actually a big spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler?

Hmmm. There's a righteous amount of fun hiding within these pages, and I'm glad I'm doing this as a buddy read. I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it anyway, but there's something really exciting about finally getting to jump up and exclaim... "There's Sex!" Oh, Kate. Oh Curran. And now the negotiations begin. Will they ever get this mess worked out?

Equal parts soap opera, vomit clean-up, kick-ass action, and snark. What more can a fun-loving reader want? (BTW, the vomit clean-up happens to be with a hellofa cool furry fighter, so don't think it's a chore to read about him. After all, we don't actually have to smell the vomit. We can just let Kate take care of that.) :)

Very fun stuff. More than worth anyone's time as popcorn fiction. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment