Mailing List

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Terms of EnlistmentTerms of Enlistment by Marko Kloos
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Surprisingly awesome, clearly-written, endlessly fascinating mil-sf, where it's not enough when just one or two things go wrong and things seem completely out of control, but where the entire population of humanity has to suffer right along with you.

Was anyone so bright-eyed and innocent before signing up? Alas, I'm reminded of the shiny adaptation of Starship Troopers when I started getting into this book, and then it seemed to take a turn for the right-wing worst when the fighting against the welfare state began, but no, things didn't stay that simple.

Some things are bound to go right, but conflict is truly the name of this game, and it's no fun just fighting against ourselves.

Let's get us some ALIENS!!!!

Okay. So I think I've just gone off the deep end and have just admitted to Really Liking a Mil-SF title. Not just enjoying, but actively Liking. :) I'm gonna hop on the sequels rather sooner than later, even. :)

Now where's my soundtrack?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment