Mailing List

Friday, August 12, 2016

What Could Possibly Go Wrong? (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #6)What Could Possibly Go Wrong? by Jodi Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oooooh kids... you gotta place nice or someone's gonna lose an eye or an arm. Play by Hoyle's Rules, at least! Oh gosh. I guess something went wrong.

This book had a whole bunch of great time-travel locations, some of which I'd give an arm to visit, too. To see the Neanderthals and Modern Humans coexisting and working together? See the harsh conditions and the Mammoths? Maybe sneak one back to the future? No, no, we wouldn't do that. Certainly not. That's against regs and watch your feet... it looks like someone left us a little present in the hallway... Markham???? Is this your work???

Of course, there were a whole bunch of other great locations, and who would have believed that someone might have signed off for a bunch of stupid kids to be dropped in the middle of the battle where Richard the Third bit it. Not me!

I'm really loving this series. I think it might possibly go on forever, if only we could keep some of these poor recruits and old-timers alive. Yeah. There's more death. Two, this time. This is getting hard on my poor heart.

At least there's a really, really good surprise at the very end of the book. I mean, at first glance, it could be sooo great, right? And then there was that bit of foreshadowing after a certain nailed-it exercise of Max's and no.... that couldn't be, could it???

Well, Max will go down as a legend and a... no, no spoilers. This series is just too good to miss. :) Perfect voice, perfect speed, and perfect locations. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment