Mailing List

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

PsychoPsycho by Robert Bloch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been meaning to get around to reading this defining work of horror for quite some time. In fact, SK recommended it to me within Danse Macabre, and I just knew that someday, somehow, I'd come back around to it.

Of course, this book was already old when I read that SK book back in '89 and now I feel kinda foolish for putting off this classic so damn long.

What's my excuse? I thought the story would be kinda... you know... old. Out of date. Without tension.

I really shouldn't listen to myself.

This was a pretty damn tight thriller with very well drawn characters and all the proper reveals to love and enjoy. We all know the shower scene and we all know the BIG surprise of Norman and his mother's secret relationship. :)

Classic. Good. Scary. Creepy. All told, perfect for October. :) Anyone have any popcorn for the movie?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment