Mailing List

Sunday, April 23, 2017

And the Rest is History (The Chronicles of St Mary’s, #8)And the Rest is History by Jodi Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a nightmare of a book. Truly.

I mean first you're already so heavily invested in these characters and then Jodi Taylor puts you through hell: the panini press, the cheese grater, and sets the oven at a temperature way too high for the meal at hand.

For all the laughs the author pulled off, and they were really quite great, and the really awesome history bits (because these ARE time-travelling historians seeing the real stuff up close), Taylor also has a knack with DESTROYING US, THE READERS.

I cried. It was horrible. Ugly. And it had nothing to do with an ornamental snake or tossed pets, either. It was ugly and sad and mind-numbing and made me walk around like a zombie for far too long, just throwing myself into the rest of the tale and the job, the job, the job, because I was right there with Max the entire time, just putting one foot in front of the other.

But for all that, (view spoiler)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment