Mailing List

Friday, May 12, 2017

AttachmentsAttachments by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Maybe I'm going crazy, but I like this light romantic comedy stuff. :) I mean, a lot.

It's so light and predictable, but it's the tiny details, the way we fall into the characters that are just like us, with all our failings, the way they stress over all the little moral and ethical quibbles, the way they just feel so nice and the way they just need that one little break to let them get all the happiness that I feel like they deserve...

Yeah, I'm nuts.

It's just the way the author turns potentially very creepy and stalkerish behavior into something so charming and *right* that makes this novel so good. Wierd? Yeah. Perhaps. But you've just got to read it to see how much we can identify with each stalker as they stalk each other. :) It's Total Meet-Cute without the actual MEET-CUTE. It's the anti-meet-cute, where one party knows everything and it's a GUY. *gasp*

I suppose this just tickles all the right kinds of guilty pleasures, too. The dark fantasies on both sides.

Yeah. Romance. It'll drive you crazy.

This one is pretty damn sweet, though. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment