Mailing List

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Foxglove Summer (Peter Grant, #5)Foxglove Summer by Ben Aaronovitch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This continues to be one of the very best UF series out there for a very good reason... It's always the careful attention to detail. Proper if you're a copper.

Honestly, I think this one might have hit me in the feels even more than the previous ones even though the last book's zinger was a doozy. I think it had everything to do with the fact it was a massive hunt for missing children.

Even the magical copper was called in for this one, and good thing, too.

So many of the great reveals in this mystery must remain hidden so I can only be super vague, but suffice to say: I loved the twists and turns this took. Our favorite Brook really shines in here, too.

I simply have no complaints about these books. They're solid, funny, immersive, have great magic scenes, even better police procedural, and the quirk is super. I'm almost starting to get upset that I've only one more book to go. I want to make these last. I want to stay here forever.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment