Mailing List

Monday, July 10, 2017

The Brightest Fell (October Daye, #11)The Brightest Fell by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC!

Unfortunately for me, I have so much I want to talk about for this novel, and yet almost ALL of it becomes spoiler territory!

Ugghh.

But! I think this is one of the strongest Daye novels since the battle with Blind Michael and even more interesting in a way or two than Toby's eventual falling in love with the King of Cats.

I'm sure I can get away with saying that her mother features very strongly and the consequences are very dire and the feels are very deep. I can honestly say that the buildup from all these previous novels and the eventual payoff in total entertainment value for this one is very, very, very high.

In fact, I'm kinda squeeing over here. I loved this novel. Not only was I super excited to have gotten the ARC because I'm a big fan of the series in general, but my own expectations were met and exceeded by the actual experience. The carryover storylines were some of the very, very best in the series and this direction....

Well, suffice to say, I'm very impressed and more than satisfied. :) :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment