Mailing List

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Hellboy, Vol. 5: Conqueror Worm (Hellboy, #5)Hellboy, Vol. 5: Conqueror Worm by Mike Mignola
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oddly enough, or perhaps not oddly at all, I'm really enjoying Hellboy. At first it was just an intellectual enjoyment, getting all into the conspiracy stuff and the metaphysics and the magic as well as the history, but now I'm just rocking to the stories being told.

It's filled with gentle reveals, perhaps no more than hints, and we've got a grand sweep of untold history, but all these snippets are pure gold.

I like Lobster Johnson and Roger a lot. Alien intelligences and cthuhlu entities? Even more. :)

I'm almost sad that I'm reading this as a buddy-read of one volume per month. I kinda want to rip through these now. I'm hooked.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment