Mailing List

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Legend of Sumeria (Life · Blood · DNA)Legend of Sumeria by Biju Parekkadan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This first installment grabbed my attention nearly for the subject alone. I love Sumeria and everything related to it and I have a rather large fondness for genetics, too.

I kinda expected something along Zecharia Sitchin's work transformed into a comic or something along these lines. I didn't care. It could get as wild as it wanted. :)

The story in this is fine, kinda written in broad strokes and high emotion and less meat than I might have preferred, with the exception being the drawings of blood from a science standpoint. That was meaty, so to speak, but it was almost the entire meal. The rest was... okay. It didn't really grab me one way or another.

The drawings were not good. Angles and perspectives were highly unflattering or even odd in a way that never came close to being psychedelic or a part of a greater story. It was annoying.

Some bits and pieces of the whole work showed a little promise, but the alien angle was as rushed and bland as the character development back on Earth.

*sigh*

At least I still like the generalized idea behind it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment